Hello! I’m R.D. Hero, the author of Wet Heat, a book about werewolf menopause, nefarious alphas, and party-boy omegas. I’d like to thank the blogs hosting this tour. Follow along to read more about the world and characters of Wet Heat!
Name the Five Biggest Distractions From Your Writing
- Life: Yanno, bills. Doctor’s appointments. Getting the car smogged. The day job. All those little things that keep my butt out of the office chair.
- Internet: Why write when there’s 100,000,000 animal videos on Youtube? And then Twitter will all the requisite drama? Yeah, entertainment in seconds, or the drudgery of writing—internet always wins.
- TV: Netflix arrived from the pits of hell to end all productivity. That’s why it’s red.
- Sleep: Sweet, beautiful slumber. Don’t those pillows look soft? Which brings me to—
- The dog: My pillow, my friend, my…responsibility. And that darn shit factory needs to go on walks like, all of the time.
So, how do I keep the ol’ writing ball rolling? Well. I read. This advice, I know, it well-worn and a bit quaint, but I really do believe reading (and reading widely from multiple genres) helps refuel the writing power.
So, basically, reading doesn’t count as a distraction! Ha.
About Wet Heat
Most omega werewolves want a mate and pups, but Lee Aung prefers an unconventional party-boy lifestyle. Yet at forty-two, he’s stopped going into heat, which means he’s expired goods—no longer a fertile, young omega that alpha wolves drool over. So Lee uses Wet Heat, a synthetic pheromone, to reel in the alpha hookups.
After losing his job at the bank, Lee can’t afford to keep up his Wet Heat habit. His solution: scam free samples by pretending to be a happily mated test subject at Wet Heat headquarters. There, Lee spends two years being interviewed by the reserved alpha scientist, Cain, who at thirty-two is unmated and—up until this point—content with that.
Cain never really felt his alpha instincts, nor took part in the usual alpha/beta/omega social dynamics. But after discovering that Lee has been lying about his unmated status for two years, Cain finally admits that for the first time, he wants to court an omega. Unfortunately, he’s picked the one omega who doesn’t want to be courted.
About R. D. Hero
R.D. Hero bombed out of art school. After that, she admitted writing might be the best course of action, and hopped to it. She likes writing about people who shouldn’t fall in love, which she’s been doing for about eight years. Starting with online serial fiction, R.D. developed her favorite tropes and dynamics, writing what she wanted to read.
Aside from that, she loves spicy food, boxer dogs, camping, and photography.
To celebrate the release of Wet Heat, R. D. is giving away $15 in Riptide Publishing credit. Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on June 25, 2016. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!