We’re so pleased to welcome author Keira Andrews today, on the tour for her new surprise release, Reading the Signs. Keira’s sharing some of her fave baseball moments and is also offering one lucky reader the chance to win an e-book from her backlist, so be sure to check out the Rafflecopter widget below.
Top Five Baseball Moments of All Time
5. Kirk Gibson overcoming injury (two bad legs! Two!!) to hit a game-winning homer in the 1988 World Series.
4. Babe Ruth’s allegedly called home run in the 1932 World Series. Doesn’t get much more classic.
3. Jose Bautista’s homer and bat flip in game five of the 2015 ALDS. Love it or hate it, it was an iconic moment in baseball. I personally loved it. I’m admittedly biased as a Jays fan, but I agree with Jose’s thoughtful take on the criticism.
2. Edgar Renteria’s walk-off single in the 1997 World Series, Game 7. Bottom of the 11th, two outs, bases loaded. Doesn’t get much more pressure-filled than that!
1. Joe Carter’s walk-off homer to win the World Series in 1993. For me, there’s no question this is #1 since I was actually at this game! Watching that ball sail over the wall was one of the most joyous moments of my life. Strangers were all hugging each other and it was just incredible to be there and experience it. Touch ’em all, Joe!
What are your top baseball moments? Hit me up with some clips! 😀
About the Book
This hot-headed rookie needs discipline—on and off the field.
Pitcher Nico Agresta is desperate to live up to his family’s baseball legacy. Since he was a teenager crushing on his big brother’s teammate, he’s known he can’t act on his desires. His father’s made it clear there should be no queers on the field, but if Nico can win Rookie of the Year like his dad and brother did, maybe he can prove he’s worthy after all.
At 34, veteran catcher Jake Fitzgerald just wants to finish out his contract and retire. His team doesn’t have a prayer of making the playoffs, but who needs the stress? Jake lost his passion for the game—and life—after driving away the man he loved, and he swore he’d never risk his heart again.
Then he’s traded to a team that wants a vet behind the plate to tame their new star pitcher. Jake is shocked to find the gangly kid he once knew has grown into a gorgeous young man. But tightly wound Nico’s having trouble controlling his temper in his quest for perfection, and Jake needs to teach him patience and restraint on the mound.
When their push and pull explodes into the bedroom, Nico and Jake will both learn how much they’ll risk for love.
This gay sports romance features men who have been repressing their feelings far too long, light BDSM, an age difference, sweaty locker rooms, and a happy ending.