We’re so pleased to welcome author Keira Andrews today on the tour for her latest release, Road to the Sun. She’s here today to talk May/December romance (one of my faves!), and there’s also a giveaway, so be sure to check out the entry details below.
Thanks so much to birthday girl Lisa for having me here at The Novel Approach today! My new book, Road to the Sun, features an age gap between the two MCs—young single father Jason, and older, sexy park ranger Ben. I’ve always enjoyed May-December romances in books and on screen, and I thought it would be fun to do a top five.
Top 5 May/December Movie Romances
- Jane Eyre. A classic novel, and I love the recent Mia Wasikowska/Michael Fassbender movie version. Gruff, older man, a smart ingénue, and a gothic mystery. Fassbender makes old-fashioned nightshirts super hot.
- How Stella Got Her Groove Back. Angela Bassett and Taye Diggs in Jamaica? Pass me a fancy tropical drink with an umbrella and settle in for some sexy fun.
- I Could Never Be Your Woman. Michelle Pfeiffer and Paul Rudd are super charming in this Hollywood-set rom-com.
- Harold and Maude. Now this is truly May-December! (Or even March-December.) Quirky black comedy about a wealthy young man obsessed with death and the elderly woman who shows him what life is all about. Lovely Cat Stevens soundtrack. I watched this as a teen and was utterly charmed—and moved.
- The Sound of Music. A young almost-nun. A stern, emotionally closed-off captain. Songs I have been able to sing by heart for as long as I can remember. It doesn’t get much better, y’all.
Which is your favorite May-December movie romance? Let me know!
About the Book
A desperate father. A lonely ranger. Unexpected love that can’t be denied.
Jason Kellerman’s life revolves around his eight-year-old daughter. Teenage curiosity with his best friend led to Maggie’s birth, her mother tragically dying soon after. Insistent on raising his daughter himself, he was disowned by his wealthy family and has worked tirelessly to support Maggie—even bringing her west on a dream vacation. Only twenty-five, Jason hasn’t had time to even think about romance. So the last thing he expects is to question his sexuality after meeting an undeniably attractive park ranger.
Ben Hettler’s stuck. He loves working in the wild under Montana’s big sky, but at forty-one, his love life is non-existent, his ex-boyfriend just married and adopted, and Ben’s own dream of fatherhood feels impossibly out of reach. He’s attracted to Jason, but what’s the point? Besides the age difference and skittish Jason’s lack of experience, they live thousands of miles apart. Ben wants more than a meaningless fling.
Then a hunted criminal takes Maggie hostage, throwing Jason and Ben together in a desperate and dangerous search through endless miles of mountain forest. If they rescue Maggie against all odds, can they build a new family together and find a place to call home?
Road to the Sun is a May-December gay romance from Keira Andrews featuring adventure, angst, coming out, sexual discovery, and of course a happy ending.
About the Author
After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal, and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fiction means.”