Welcome to author L.A. Witt and the Get a Grip blog tour, her latest addition to the Bluewater Bay ~verse. She’s here to share some of her latest reads and recs with you, and there’s also a giveaway, so be sure to check out those details below.
What L.A. Witt Has Been Reading (or Listening to)
I talk a lot about what I’m writing, but how about what I’m reading?
Thanks to eye strain, I haven’t been able to do nearly as much reading for fun as I would like. But then I discovered audiobooks! Okay, I didn’t really…discover them. I knew about them. I just didn’t think I could focus on them enough to enjoy them. But then when I started having my own books recorded, and I had to proofread (well, proof-listen), I discovered…I’m all about audio.
SO…I’ve finally been able to dive into some books I’ve been itching to read. Which means I am SERIOUSLY late to the party on some classics in our genre, as you will discover in this post.
And here are some of the books I’ve been enjoying over the last few months, in no particular order…
- The Five Burroughs series by Santino Hassell. My favorites would be a tie between First and First and Sunset Park. Oh Raymond, how I adore you. Also this was the series where I fell in love with Michael Ferraiuolo as a narrator.
- The Cut & Run series by Abigail Roux and Madelaine Urban. (Told you I was late to the party). I still need to listen to Crash & Burn, but I’ve been enjoying the hell out of the others. (100% Team Ty.)
- Zero at the Bone by Jane Seville. Oh. That’s why that book is so popular.
- The #Gaymers series by Annabeth Albert. I can’t even pick a favorite. I just love these boys and their stories so hard. Also where I “met” narrator Sean Crisden and became a fan.
- When All The World Sleeps by JA Rock & Lisa Henry. This is like the trifecta of amazing—Rock/Henry. Greg Tremblay. An amazing story. Seriously amazing. This is 100% on the “listen to it 400 more times” list.
- The PsyCop series by Jordan Castillo Price. Holy Ned, you guys. If you haven’t read these books, drop everything and do so right now. RIGHT NOW. And if you haven’t listened to Gomez Pugh utterly *nail* the narration? GO. NOW. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
- For Real by Alexis Hall. Just amazing.
- The Playing the Fool series by JA Rock & Lisa Henry. More Rock/Henry awesomeness. So funny. And Nick J Russo narrating? What’s not to love?
About Get a Grip
If a tree falls in Bluewater Bay . . . could it be fate?
A year after his divorce, Shane Andrews isn’t interested in dating—not that he has time, between three kids and a demanding job as a grip. When a windstorm knocks a tree onto one of the Wolf’s Landing soundstages, Shane’s there to help with the mess . . . and so is firefighter Aaron Tucker.
A former smoke jumper, Aaron’s an adrenaline junkie and way too restless and reckless to be relationship material. As far as he’s concerned, monogamy is for penguins, and he’d rather be alone than tied down. Signing up to be a stepparent? No, thank you.
But after a scorching-hot night together, they’re hooked. Aaron is a taste of the excitement Shane’s been lacking, and Shane’s pushing buttons Aaron didn’t know he had. The more they’re together, the less Aaron craves wild nights with other men . . . but the more Shane wants to play the field like he never got to in his twenties.
This could be the love neither man knew he needed, but only if Shane gets his feet back on the ground before Aaron walks away.
About Bluewater Bay
Welcome to Bluewater Bay! This quiet little logging town on Washington state’s Olympic Peninsula has been stagnating for decades, on the verge of ghost town status. Until a television crew moves in to film Wolf’s Landing, a soon-to-be cult hit based on the wildly successful shifter novels penned by local author Hunter Easton.
Wolf’s Landing’s success spawns everything from merchandise to movie talks, and Bluewater Bay explodes into a mecca for fans and tourists alike. The locals still aren’t quite sure what to make of all this—the town is rejuvenated, but at what cost? And the Hollywood-based production crew is out of their element in this small, mossy seaside locale. Needless to say, sparks fly.
This collaborative story world is brought to you by eleven award-winning, best-selling LGBTQ romance authors: L.A. Witt, L.B. Gregg, Z.A. Maxfield, Heidi Belleau, Rachel Haimowitz, Anne Tenino, Amy Lane, SE Jakes, G.B. Gordon, Jaime Samms and Ally Blue. Each contemporary novel stands alone, but all are built around the town and the people of Bluewater Bay and the Wolf’s Landing media empire.
About the Author
L.A. Witt is an abnormal M/M romance writer who has finally been released from the purgatorial corn maze of Omaha, Nebraska, and now spends her time on the southwestern coast of Spain. In between wondering how she didn’t lose her mind in Omaha, she explores the country with her husband, several clairvoyant hamsters, and an ever-growing herd of rabid plot bunnies. She also has substantially more time on her hands these days, as she has recruited a small army of mercenaries to search South America for her nemesis, romance author Lauren Gallagher, but don’t tell Lauren. And definitely don’t tell Lori A. Witt or Ann Gallagher. Neither of those twits can keep their mouths shut…
What are your favorite audiobooks?
To celebrate the release of Get a Grip, one lucky winner will receive their choice of two ebooks off L.A.’s backlist and a $10 Riptide credit! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on July 29, 2017. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!