We’re so pleased to have author Rob Rosen joining us today on the tour for his new novel, Fierce. What are ten things you might not know about Rob? We have the answers to that question as well as a great giveaway, so be sure to check out the Rafflecopter widget below for entry details.
10 Things You Don’t Know About Rob Rosen
- I’ve been writing novels non-stop for 16 years. The second I owned my first computer, I started writing.
- I found my first publisher on Entertainment Tonight. Thank you Mary Hart!
- I have no writing training, and yet writing comes as naturally to me as breathing.
- I believe in Fate.
- I also believe that God gives everyone one special gift, and it’s up to you to discover that gift and act on it. I acted on it. Big time!
- Not only have I written 12 novels, but I also write short stories, with well over 300 published. I have no preference between the two, and love writing in any and all genres. Just so long as I’m writing, I’m happy.
- I wrote erotica for MEN, Freshmen, and  Magazines for 5+ years. My mom used to love to ask me if I’ve written any porn lately. Sadly, all the gay erotica magazines closed in the U.S. years ago.
- I’ve edited five anthologies. I chose to be an editor so I could work closely with other writers, and to give other people the chance to be published. I believe in paying it forward as much as I can.
- I’ve never used a pen name. I always use my given name when I write.
- I haven’t eaten beef, veal, lamb or mutton since 1990. FYI, God I miss mutton.
About the Book
Author: Rob Rosen
Release Date: March 25th 2017
Genre: MM Romance, Comedy
Find Fierce on Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon US | Amazon UK | JMS Books | iBooks
BLURB: Lucas has a typical life — apart from being abandoned as a baby, raised by wolves, and having super powers. Still, inside, he feels like two people, both vying for control of himself. He’s a superhero and a nerdy college freshman. He’s both feral and tame. He wants to do good in the world and, at the same time, he wants to do nothing. And most of all, he wants to find his birth parents.
In this comedic tale of romance, mystery, and adventure, our hero is joined by his hunky boyfriend, his acerbic boss, an uptight college science professor, and his ex-boyfriend/once crime-fighting partner — not to mention a whole pack of wolves — to help foil his nemesis and uncover the secrets of his past to save his future.
As a baby, I was raised by wolves in the mountainous wilds of Montana.
I have super powers. Like, seriously super.
I catch bad guys for a living. For free! Minus, of course, the well-merited and desperately sought-after publicity.
But, you ask, raised by wolves? Come on now, Fierce, really? Does that actually happen? Wolves eat babies, don’t they? I mean dingoes do— or so I’ve heard, a la one Miss Meryl Streep— so it stands to reason that wolves do, too. Though not these wolves. These were tame wolves. Well, tameish. They were zoo wolves, hand-raised by humans. Except, they escaped during a freak storm, back to the wilds from whence their ancestors came, never to be seen again.
I saw them right off the bat, though. Well, sawish. I mean, I was a baby at the time, my eyesight not what it is today— which is freakishly strong, by the way. And yes, toot, toot, my horn doth bloweth, yet again. Gabriel in the heavens up above turns green with envy at my tooting abilities. Oh, and in case you hadn’t already surmised it, superhero, at least in my case, equates to super ego. Freud missed out big time on the likes of yours truly.
But I digress. Back to the wolves.
Best I could figure it— seeing as, again, I was just a baby at the time— the initial wolf pack consisted of ten wolves that once inhabited a small zoo on the outskirts of Billings, Montana. One fateful day, a tornado hit. A big one. Huge even! Dorothy would’ve shit her panties it was so friggin’ massive. Anyway, from what I’ve read, the storm struck quite suddenly, too suddenly for the folks at the zoo to be able to corral all the animals beforehand, so, when the fencing to the wolves’ enclosure twisted and uprooted, out they sped. The zoo figured they died in the storm, except, well, duh, they didn’t. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be hearing this account right now, right? Then help! would’ve been lost to the cosmos. A truly sad thought, I know.
About the Author
Rob Rosen is the author of the critically acclaimed novels, Sparkle: The Queerest Book You’ll Ever Love, the Lambda Literary Award Nominated Divas Las Vegas, which was the winner of the 2010 TLA Gaybies for Best Gay Fiction, Hot Lava, Southern Fried, the Lambda Literary Award Nominated Queerwolf, Vamp, Queens of the Apocalypse, Creature Comfort, Fate, which was the winner of the 2016 TRR Readers’ Choice Award for Best Gay Romantic Comedy as well as a 2016 Rainbow Awards Finalist for Best Gay Romantic Comedy, Midlife Crisis, and Fierce. His short stories have appeared in more than 200 anthologies. You can find 20 of them in his erotic romance anthology, Good & Hot. He is also the editor of Lust in Time: Erotic Romance Through the Ages, Men of the Manor, Best Gay Erotica 2015 and Best Gay Erotica of the Year, Volumes 1 and 2 and 3.