We’re so pleased to have author Santino Hassell dropping in on us today on the Concourse blog tour, book five in the Five Boroughs series. We’ve got an Ashton/Val Top Ten List to share with you, as well as a great giveaway, so be sure to check out the details below.
The Bucket List
- Go on a world food tour! One of Ashton’s dreams is to travel the world while blogging about different cuisines and cultures. He’s just never wanted to do this alone.
- Valdrin is a city boy through-and-through but part of him would love to be outdoorsy. He wants to go camping in the Grand Canyon. Now, if only he can get Ashton to agree to sleeping in a tent…
- Visit the hot springs in Iceland. This is actually a joint bucket list item for both Ashton and Val. The idea of soaking in one of these natural treasures is pretty amazing, especially if they’re together. And especially if Ashton learns to pronounce Hvalfjarðalaug.
- Val wants to trace his entire family’s history and visit his mother’s hometown in Albania.
- Ashton wants to run the New York Marathon. And win! Val wants to run it and beat Ashton.
- Ashton wants to convince Val to take fashion tips from his faithful Instagram followers. The boy looks good in sweatpants, but that can’t be the only thing he wears… right?
- Ashton wants to go skydiving with Val. Val thinks he should settle for climbing Mt. Fuji. That’s as close to the clouds as he gets.
- Open a boxing gym. This is Valdrin’s dream. He wants to coach young kids and beginners to either fight professionally or to use the conditioning and training to channel the frustrations in their lives.
- Exist in peace and be forgotten by the gossip columnists. Ashton knows he will never be out of the public eye, but he does hope that one day he can enhance his brand and keep up with his philanthropist activities without having his personal life, and Val’s, magnified on a regular basis.
- Either get married, or have a ceremony to commemorate an anniversary, in the Palace of Versailles. Yes, Ashton is that guy.
About the Book
Ashton Townsend is the most famous celebutante of Manhattan’s glitterati. The black sheep of his wealthy family, he’s known for his club appearances, Instagram account, and sex tape. Most people can’t imagine him wanting for anything, but Ashton yearns for friendship, respect, and the love of his best friend—amateur boxer Valdrin Leka.
Val’s relationship with Ashton is complicated. As the son of Ashton’s beloved nanny, Val has always bounced between resenting Ashton and regarding him as his best friend. And then there’s the sexual attraction between them that Val tries so hard to ignore.
When Ashton flees his glitzy lifestyle, he finds refuge with Val in the Bronx. Between Val’s training for an upcoming fight and dodging paparazzi, they succumb to their need for each other. But before they can figure out what it all means—and what they want to do about it—the world drags them out of their haven, revealing a secret Val has kept for years. Now, Ashton has to decide whether to once again envelop himself in his party-boy persona, or to trust in the only man who’s ever seen the real him.
About the Five Boroughs Universe
New York City—home of soaring skyscrapers, concrete boulevards, and the hopes and dreams of millions. A city where opposites attract and romance is found in unlikely places. From the glittering penthouses of Manhattan to the blue collar neighborhoods of Queens, values get tested, cultures clash, and connections made. Men of diverse backgrounds examine their lives, test their sexual boundaries, and seek success in an unforgiving urban landscape that moves fast and stops for no one. Despite the odds, there’s love to be found in the five boroughs as long as they’re willing to work for it.
About the Author
Santino was raised by a conservative family, but he was anything but traditional. He grew up to be a smart-mouthed grunge kid, then a transient twentysomething, and eventually transformed into a guy who spends his days and nights writing romance with an edge.
Santino is a dedicated gamer, a former fanfic writer, an ASoIaF mega nerd, a Grindr enthusiast, but most of all he is a writer of LGBT fiction that is heavily influenced by the gritty, urban landscape of New York City, his belief that human relationships are complex and flawed, and his own life experiences.
To celebrate the release of Concourse, one lucky winner will receive a $25 Riptide credit! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on May 6, 2017. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!