We’re so pleased to welcome author Keira Andrews to The Novel Approach today, on the tour for her latest novel, Beyond the Sea. Enjoy her guest post and then be sure to answer the prompt question below to enter for the chance to win an e-copy of a book from Keira’s backlist, winner’s choice.
Thanks so much to TNA for having me here today to talk about my new contemporary romance Beyond the Sea. This is a story of survival, exploring your sexuality, and finding true love where you least expect it.
If I ever get stranded on a desert island, I do hope I find love, since I would really, really miss these things. (Friends and family go without saying!)
Top Five Things I’d Miss on a Desert Island
5. My bed. Oh, my sweet, sweet bed. Pillow-top mattress and memory foam pillow with cooling gel, how I would weep for you!
4. Food, especially the variety available to us when we’re not marooned. Most of us have any kind of food we could desire at our fingertips. On a desert island, we’d better like fish and fruit.
3. Books and TV. Even if I had my trusty e-reader with me, that battery isn’t solar. *whimpers* Also, my TiVo at home would fill up, and then it would start erasing things to make more room, and I wouldn’t know what was gone, and aaaaahh!
2. Ice and refrigeration. I love cold things. I prefer all dairy products and most beverages to be almost frozen. I would miss ice so much!
1. iPhone and internet. I check Google approximately 3948395389 times a day, not to mention texts, emails and social media. I could live without the latter, but not having information at my fingertips would be maddening.
What would you miss most? Comment below and let me know!
(**Contest deadline is 11:59pm on Wednesday, March 23, 2016. Winner will be selected at random on Thursday, the 24th, and contacted by email for prize delivery.)
Blurb: Two straight guys. One desert island.
Even if it means quitting their boy band mid-tour, Troy Tanner isn’t going to watch his little brother snort his future away after addiction destroyed their father. On a private jet taking him home from Australia, he and pilot Brian Sinclair soar above the vast South Pacific. Brian lost his passion for flying—and joy in life—after a traumatic crash, but now he and Troy must fight to survive when a cyclone strikes without warning.
Marooned a thousand miles from civilization, the turquoise water and white sand beach look like paradise. But although they can fish and make fire, the smallest infection or bacteria could be deadly. When the days turn into weeks with no sign of rescue, Troy and Brian grow closer, and friendship deepens into desire.
As they learn sexuality is about more than straight or gay and discover their true selves, the world they’ve built together is thrown into chaos. If Troy and Brian make it off the island, can their love endure?
About the Author: After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal, and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fiction means.”
The Fine Print:
*Entrants must be 18 years or older to qualify
*All comments must be relevant to the author’s prompt to be eligible (when applicable)
*The Novel Approach will not be held liable for prize delivery unless otherwise specified
*Void where prohibited by law