The Novel Approach welcomes Cardeno C.’s Johnnie (Siphon: Book One) audiobook blog tour today, along with its narrator Greg Tremblay.
Enjoy the audio clip, and then be sure to click on the Rafflecopter widget below for the chance to win an audio copy of the book.
Blurb: A Premier lion shifter, Hugh Landry dedicates his life to leading the Berk pride with strength and confidence. Hundreds of people depend on Hugh for safety, success, and happiness. And at over a century old, with more power than can be contained in one body, Hugh relies on a Siphon lion shifter to carry his excess force.
When the Siphon endangers himself and therefore the pride, Hugh must pay attention to the man who has been his silent shadow for a decade. What he learns surprises him, but what he feels astounds him even more.
Two lions, each born to serve, rely on one another to survive. After years by each other’s side, they’ll finally realize the depth of their potential, the joy in their passion, and a connection their kind has never known.
Ten Random Trivia Facts About Greg Tremblay:
1) I actually studied acting in college, along with opera, but got a degree in Computer Science.
2) My recording booth itself is only 3′ x 5′ x 6’…so when I read MM romance, I go INTO the closet. Ironic, no?
3) It takes between 5 and 7 hours of total production time with the finished manuscript to create 1 hour of final audio. Fiction Audio reads at about 9800 words per hour.
4) In addition to voice acting, I have been a Whale Watching guide, a Paramedic, and a Farrier (shoeing horses)
5) I rarely, if ever, listen to a complete book again once the production is finished. By the time I am done, I’ve read the book to myself, read it aloud, and listened to it for editing… and I’m on to the next story.
6) Anguish is the easiest emotion for me to portray, because a well-written script pulls you in, and it’s a completely one-person emotion – but it’s draining. I have cried in the booth more than a few times. Comic passages are the trickiest, because the proper timing and reaction between characters are essential.
7) I drink an average of 1.5 liters of water per hour while recording. Average recording sessions are 2-4 hours long between breaks.
8) As a kid, I lived with my family on a sailboat for a year.
9) My personal record for most distinct voices in a single book is 73
10) Coffee, Dairy and Alcohol are all bad for the voice. ..which means I have to moderate some of life’s greatest pleasures (not eliminate tho, I’m not crazy.).
About the Author: Cardeno C. – CC to friends – is a hopeless romantic who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few “awwws” into a reader’s day. Writing is a nice break from real life as a corporate type and volunteer work with gay rights organizations. Cardeno’s stories range from sweet to intense, contemporary to paranormal, long to short, but they always include strong relationships and walks into the happily-ever-after sunset.
Cardeno’s Home, Family, and Mates series have received awards from Love Romances and More Golden Roses, Rainbow Awards, the Goodreads M/M Romance Group, and various reviewers. But even more special to CC are heartfelt reactions from readers, like, “You bring joy and love and make it part of the every day.”